Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT TO BRING
- You will need to bring your insurance card(s)
- Your driver’s license or a current State issued picture ID.
- A copy of your advance directive (if applicable)
- A copy of your Power of Attorney paper (if applicable)
WHAT TO EXPECT
Our goal is to treat each patient with respect and like a member of our own family. We provide state of the art focused ambulatory surgical services in a caring and compassionate environment. Our primary concern is your health and safety.
For your safety, please have a responsible adult able to accompany you home in cases where your physician has made this request prior to the procedure. Please wear comfortable and loose fitting clothing. We will ask you about any known food or drug allergies you may have. We will also ask you to sign a routine Informed Consent to indicate that you have been made aware of the risks, alternatives to, and possible complications of the procedure.
After the procedure, you will rest comfortably in the center where we can answer any questions you may have and provide further instructions. Rarely is sedation given during pain management procedures but if it is you will most likely feel drowsy afterwards.
CHARGES FOR YOUR PROCEDURE
Depending upon your insurance plan, you may receive several bills as a result of the many specialists supporting your procedure. These may be from:
- Capitol Surgical Center (for the facilities, equipment, supplies, staff, etc.)
- Your Physician (For billing inquiries from Capitol Surgical Center please call 877-579-4572)